Sunday, March 20, 2011

A - Z of Me

 Inspired by @plasticrosaries, @ljastars and @F_a_B_ of twitter fame,
 I present my first ever blog post. The A-Z of me.
 Hope I don't embarass myself! Too much!


A. Age:  Do I really have to? Oh, if I must. I'm 38. This is both an achievement and a disappointment. Why? Well, as a former suicidal maniac, I never imagined I would be 38. Ever. So I  should be proud. However, in the words of Marianne Faithfull: "at the age of 37 she realised she'd never drive through Paris, in a sports car, with the warm wind in her hair." So I am always a bit vexed with myself.But hey, Ces't la Vie and all that jazz!

B. Bed Size:  Make mine a Double.

C. Chore I Dislike: That would be a definite toss-up between cleaning/dusting and washing-up. Where does all the bleeping dust come from??? Anyone? I dream of owning a dishwasher, but I can't fit one in my 1940's kitchen. Not 1940's style kitchen. Just built in the 1940's. Somehow not so House & Garden.

D. Dogs:  I wouldn't eat a whole one! Seriously, I already have to clean up after too many Two Legs. Can't do Four Legs as well.

E. Essential Start to my Day: Tea and Toast. I am famous for it.

F. Favourite Colour:  Currently in my Green Phase. That does not mean I'm hungover. Honest!

G. Gold or Silver:  Used to do Silver when I went through a very brief Goth phase as a teenager. Now it's Gold all the way. The blinger the better!

H. Height:  5ft 6. Distinctly Average.

I. Instruments I Play(ed): I humoured my future Husband when we first met by attempting to finger his guitar. Boom Boom. But to no avail. I am completely musically untalented.

J. Job Title:  Does Raving Nutjob count?

K. Kids:  Three. All girls. They all the same but completely different. So far they all seem very happy and well-balanced. Have no idea how that has happened.

L. Live:  Limerick, Ireland. Dya know wha I mean like! Home is a 3 bed end-of-terrace in the subarbs. Eleven doors from my Parent's House. What was I thinking?

M. Mum's Name:  Clementine. Her mother really loved her......

N. Nicknames:  My Granda used to call me Neefie. That still makes me weepy. I loved my Granda. I am also fairly certain that my Mother-in-Law calls me "That Bitch".

O. Overnight Hospital Stays:  My 3 C-Sections. The End. Touch wood!

P. Pet Peeves:  My Mother-in-Law. Lateness. People who don't say "Thank You" when you hold a door open for them. Dust.

Q. Qoute from a Movie:  "There is nothing you can do to me that Castro hasn't already done". Al Pacino as Tony Montana in the sublime "Scarface"

R. Recreation:  Running. I would like to run away, but I can't. So I just run.

S. Siblings:  Two sisters and a brother. All younger than me. Love them loads.

T. Time I Wake Up:  The 4 year old is our family alarm clock. So getting up time is generally around 7am. Every day of the week. What's this lie-in thing I hear so much about?

U. Underwear:  Yes, I wear it all the time. Not in the shower though. Obviously!

V. Vegetables I Don't Like:  My Parents. And Parsnips. Can't see the point of them.

W. What Makes me Run Late:  The Husband. He has the lateness gene. I am always early for everything.

X. X-Rays I've Had:  Teeth, Lungs. That's it.

Y. Yummy Food I Make:  The Children love my beef stew, lasagne and chicken fajitas. My trifle goes down quite well too. Husband is very fond of a boiled fruit cake I occasionally agree to make using my Gran's recipe. I don't enjoy cooking. It's simply feeding time at the zoo in this house at meal times. I am good at it inspite of myself.

Z. Zoo Animal Favourites:  I live in a Zoo for Christ's sake.


No comments:

Post a Comment