Monday, March 21, 2011

Rocks I Have Loved



Diamond Rocks, Kilkee, Co.Clare

 I love Rocks. Rocks, stones, pebbles. Hell, even gravel has its merits. I love them all. Big ones, small ones, flat ones, round ones, white ones. I have brought them home from every beach I have ever been to. On family holidays when I was a child, I stashed bags of them in the car. My Dad complained about his suspension the whole way home, unaware of the 5 stone sack of contraband lurking in the boot.
Rocks speak to me. They are the world in its purest form. They are the salt smell of summer days. They are the coolness of a rock pool on your childhood feet. They are the cliffs that sweep down to the sea in your mind. They are the earth. I love them. They give me comfort.
                            

This Rock travelled home alone by bus because it was too heavy for the car.


My European Rocks

6 comments:

  1. my husband brought me home a stone in the shape of a loveheart from the beach the other day, it was a beautiful gesture, then i started wondering whether it was actually a real life analogy of me, as there was this huge hole in in the middle...!! i have trouble looking up at the beach, as i too constantly collect stones, oh and good old driftwood..!

    lovely seeing your rocks! (sounds a little weird put like that!)

    see you soon, tamsyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thank you for reading. And following.
    I love showing off my rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rocks. I pick up a rock whenever I can. I believe that if I hold it in my hand I can feel the vibration of the place. Needless to say, some people think I'm a bit odd. But maybe rocks are the way Earth blows kisses... just a thought.

    I loved this post. The photography is exquisite, as are the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reading. Really kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd be a dangerous woman to be let loose in the Burren. Rock heaven for a rock chic like yourself!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I sure would. Thanks for reading. I am a terribly infrequent blogger.

      Delete